The Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform means it is an exciting time to be a SOLIDWORKS or CATIA V5 user.
SOLIDWORKS users can rejoice that Dassault Systèmes R&D has designed CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE to have a similar interface as SOLIDWORKS. The look and feel of SOLIDWORKS, with the extra power of CATIA and collaboration capabilities of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
CATIA V5 users get to enjoy the next generation CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE functionality with an intuitive SOLIDWORKS-like user interface. Now getting the best of both worlds, users benefit from the advanced capabilities of CATIA with the ease of use of SOLIDWORKS.
4 Reasons Why SOLIDWORKS and CATIA V5 Users Love CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE:
- SOLIDWORKS users can immediately use CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE and be productive
- SOLIDWORKS users can get extended capabilities and access advanced applications like composites, generative design, surfacing, large assembly management, integrated Abaqus FEA, etc.
- Companies can now hire SOLIDWORKS users to work on a CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE system – something that was not easily done with CATIA V5
- CATIA V5 users can now enjoy the SOLIDWORKS methodology that makes a CAD solution easy and fun to use
It’s nice to see that SOLIDWORKS and CATIA R&D are co-developing going forward. As a long time CATIA V5 user, I see examples of SOLIDWORKS-like interface everywhere in my CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE now. My creativity has blossomed further, and I’m enjoying 3D more than ever.
Below are a few examples that illustrate why CATIA and SOLIDWORKS users get excited about CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE.
Object action UI, also known as the popup contextual balloons, based on your selection.
Ability to swap your profile between SOLIDWORKS and CATIA profiles for 3D manipulation
Many of the SOLIDWORKS icons are now adopted and used across common apps in CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE
Feature creation dialogs look very similar to SOLIDWORKS and are used across common apps in CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE
When Boeing signs a 3DEXPERIENCE deal for over a billion dollars with Dassault Systèmes, we, the users can rejoice. Companies like Boeing, Airbus, and Ford lead the way when it comes to the most advanced design and manufacturing methodologies. Boeing’s commitment to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform will translate into product enhancements that will benefit all users in both the short and long term. It also doesn’t hurt that Dassault Systèmes has worked alongside these OEMs and developed the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to solve their tough challenges, today and going forward through the next decades.
Let’s not forget what makes CATIA the leader when it comes to process coverage and depth of applications. Some of it can be attributed to the CATIA geometry kernel which makes surfacing and other tools so unique and powerful. However, much of the rest is attributed to the fact that OEMs need as wide of a process coverage as they can get in their digital tools and don’t accept translation.
This results in the 3DEXPERIENCE having killer apps that can handle:
- Light weighting using generative design / topology optimization.
- Light weighting using composites design, manufacturing, and simulation.
- Advanced surfacing.
- CNC machining and robotics.
- Reverse engineering, morphing and spring back compensation.
For further queries or discussion on how 3DEXPERIENCE Platform can help you, connect on [email protected].
Sr. CATIA & 3DEXPERIENCE Solution Engineer