Fundamentals of FEA
This course introduces fundamentals of finite element analysis for engineers and scientists who will be involved with performing such analysis for solids and structures using commercial or in-house software packages.
Upon completion of this course, student will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of discretization methods.
- Have good understanding of numerical approximation.
- Have a grasp of theory and mathematics behind FEA.
- Understand error analysis.
- Use software packages (course will focus on Abaqus) with confidence – Emphasis on WHY
- Apply the concepts to solve practical applications
- To use software as a tool for virtual modeling, if relevant
- Interns, New Graduates and Engineers / Scientists with or without work experience
- Engineers / Scientists looking to broaden understanding in new applications / areas
- Bachelors or Masters – Mechanical / Chemical / Aeronautics / Civil / Basic Science
Duration: 2 Days