SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Material Calibration Essentials
It is important to calibrate advanced material models for simulation, so that the response of the mathematical model used during simulation matches the material’s tested physical behavior. This course is an introduction to the optimization methods embedded in the Material Calibration app. Test data can be imported, edited, and a math model optimized to fit the data. Plotting and other outputs help the user to determine the goodness of fit. Afterwards, a core material can be created for use in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform structural simulation apps, and/or an *.inp file can be exported for use in Abaqus.
The course covers the following topics:
- Importing and plotting material test data
- Configuring and calibrating material models
- Using optimization settings
- Generating additional outputs
- Creating a core material in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Exporting materials for use in an Abaqus input file
The course is divided into lectures and workshops. The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual durability simulations.